The successful candidate will manage commercial operations across the firm, at the forefront of the energy transition. They will have expertise and experience in credit management, contract management, ISO operations and settlements within the electricity industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage commercial contracts and negotiation efforts in support of trading.
- Interact with both internal and external counsel as well as manage counterparty relationships.
- Manage invoicing and payment with ISOs and counterparties
- Manage delivery of physical commodities (Power, RECs) as well as financial settlements for all contracts.
- Establish and operate daily settlements and P&L reporting process and validation
- Co-ordinate ISO activities and develop relationships within the ISOs
- Manage, analyze and optimize cash, collateral and credit risk
- Review and develop trade confirmations and risk processes for executing deals and transactions.
- Assist in managing and validating data.
- Ensure compliance with strategic objectives, hedge plans and risk controls.
- Develop and standardize processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree
- Sound knowledge of ISDA agreements, Energy Management Agreements, REC Annexes, and commodity purchase and sale agreements.
- Understanding of credit risk, credit optimization and margining
- Experience in electricity markets, particularly ISO operations and settlements
- Demonstrated ability and drive for efficiency and accuracy, through process automation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through
- Highly organized, strong curiosity, desire for continuous learning, detail oriented and tenacious.
- Experience with ETRM and BI systems is a plus