The successful candidate will build, develop and maintain systems and tools for trading, valuation and analytics at the forefront of the energy transition. The ideal candidate will have a strong programming, technical and power analytics background with experience working on main components of ETRM systems, APIs and interfaces.
- Work closely with the front office, include trading and structuring staff to understand existing systems, tools and models and develop new functionality and improvements.
- Design and build and maintain ETRM components to support position management, valuation, trade capture and risk analytics
- Design build and maintain tools, APIs and interfaces
- Establish and maintain transparent and automated information and analysis for managing and analyzing the portfolio of assets and hedges.
- Act as the primary liaison between the front office team and IT for hardware/cloud requirements
- Assist trading, portfolio management, asset optimization, structuring and analytics
- Establish and follow software development best practices in an open development environment such as git/CVS.
- React quickly and prioritize required code fixes and ad-hoc tasks as they arise, as well as pro-actively identifying and improving the code base.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a numerate discipline (e.g. Economics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL, Visual Basic, C++), data structures and coding best practices
- Understanding of US power markets and trading products
- Working knowledge of trade capture, analytical and programming systems in the energy markets
- Ability to work on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills; tenacity, attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Comfortable managing and organizing multiple projects with a passion for technology and innovation.
- Experience managing large data sets to, analyze, compute and store information efficiently
- Experience with BI tools, machine learning and complex optimization a plus